Star and top chefs create cross-cultural menus with cooking enthusiastic refugees
What does cooking and food culture mean to Michael Kempf, Ralf Zacherl, Diego Muñoz or Sven Elverfeld? Which smells and tastes do people who are searching for a new home in Germany connect with “home”?
Together, we will embark on a culinary voyage of discovery where tradition, culture and tastes reinvent themselves and merge.
The result: A new cookbook of the special kind with innovative recipes and the documentation of an exciting dialogue between cooking enthusiastic personalities with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Profile of the authors
The cooking encounters took place among professional chefs and cooking enthusiastic refugees who are looking for a new home in Germany. Local ingredients as well as ingredients from far away contribute in a special blend to the uniqueness of the recipes. These taste fusions as well as personal experiences of two cultures cooking and eating together are collected in a book.
Details of the book | A pinch of home
- 12 cooking encounters
- more than 40 intercultural fusion-recipes
- personal anecdotes all around cooking and eating together
- bilingual (English/German)
- publication and shipping date: 09.09.2016
- with the purchase of our book you support our social projects of “Über den Tellerrand e.V.”
- Price: 29.95€ (until 31.05.2016 only 24.95€)